Over the past few weeks our Women's Swim Team has been on the road to Chabot College for the Coast Conference Kick Off (2/15), DeAnza College for back to back meets, including both a smaller tri-meet (2/22) as well as their DeAnza Invitational(3/1), and most recently at College of Marin for their Mariner Invitational (3/9). Although weather conditions have been less than ideal for the outdoor swim meets, our athletes continue to step up to the block prepared, have been dropping time in their individual events, and have been swimming season and personal bests.
Some notable highlights include:
Coast Conference Kick-Off
-Julia Lane placed 2nd in 200 yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:52.32
CCSF/DeAnza/Cabrillo Tri Meet
- First time this season swimming the 800 freestyle relay
- Aryana Senel swam a PR in 200 backstroke with a time of 2:42.83
- Margaux Ocampo swam a season best in 100 free with a time of 1:08.25
- Seraphima Kassianik and Madison Hatfield both competed in two difficult events, the 1650 Freestyle and the 400 IM
- Bianca Taylor swam a season best in 400 IM with a time of 5:31.62
- Julia Lane swam a PR in 200 Freestyle with a time of 2:10.25
- Madison Hatfield, Seraphima Kassianik, Melanie Beavan-Szabo all competed in both the 1650 and the 400IM
- Elisabeth Snider swam a PR in the 1650 Freestyle with a time of 29:58.22.
- Emma Ayala swam a PR in the 200 Freestyle with a time of 3:08.13
- Margaux Ocampo swam a season best in the 100 Backstroke with a time of 1:13.91
- Elaine Wong swam PR's in both her 50 Freestyle and 100 Breaststroke
- Aryana Senel swam a season best in 100 butterfly with a time of 1:14.30
- Melanie Beavan-Szabo swam the 200 Butterfly for the first time this season
- Julia Lane broke the 1:00.0 mark in the 100 Freestyle, with a time of 59.75
- Katy Granell dropped time in her 500 Freestyle from a 7:07.00 to 6:48.35
- Winnie Kong swam a season best in 100 free with a time of 1:09.6
- Elisabeth Snider swam a PR in her 500 Freestyle with a time of 8:42.58
- Maia Haley swam a PR in the 200 Freestyle with a time of 2:24.65
Coming this week on 3/15/19 our Lady Rams will compete at the San Mateo Invitational, hosted by College of San Mateo. Keep it up, Rams!